Screening Assessment (comparative to NHS assessment)
- Preschool & Reception Aged Children £125.00 per assessment
- Year 1 -6 pupils £125.00 per assessment
Appointments are typically between 1 and 2 hours long.
The fee is inclusive of travel and assessment materials.
The fee includes provision of a written report with recommendations.
For all ages £400.00
This assessment generally involves observation of the child/young person accessing their learning, during less structured activities and completion of formal speech & language and communication assessment, a written report with advice, strategies to support access to the learning environment, recommendations/programme of therapeutic activities (with resources as necessary) and onward referral as appropriate.
Attendance at meetings: £90 per hour (or part thereof)
The cost of this work is usually determined by the fees set by Legal Aid. The full cost of the assessment is determined by the time spent on assessment, travel and mileage as well as background reading, discussions with parent and current and/or preferred placement, and time spent of writing the report. I am happy to discuss specific costs on request.
Therapy sessions: for all ages £75 per hour (pro rata) and includes feedback to parent/carer/referring practitioner.
The fee is inclusive of travel, resources, preparation/administration time and liaison with other professionals.
Therapy will be tailored to each child/young person's individual needs and an intervention may include:
- regular 1:1 therapy sessions (these may take place at the child/young person's home, educational setting, another designated environment and/or a combination of both)
- A home programme with suggested activities and the provision of resources (for frequent practise between therapist's visits)
- A school programme with strategies for accessing learning within the classroom, activities for individual or small group working, suggested targets for the School Based Plan and provision of appropriate resources (where a member of staff has been allocated regular time to work with the child/young person)
- Paired/small group therapy at school if appropriate
Therapy sessions can be observed by parents, teaching staff, other key support staff. Feedback from sessions is always provided and I am available to answer questions after each session. Each child/young person will have a clear, measurable therapy aim set. These will fall under different communication skills headings and can be incorporated into the child/young person's School Based Plan (if appropriate). Targets are reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Progress is summarised in a report.
Should a child/young person be accessing Speech & Language Therapy from the local NHS Service, I will always try and liaise with the Speech & Language Therapist and work collaboratively.
Training packages for whole staff or staff groupings eg. Foundation Stage/Key Stages, teaching/learning support staff. This can be tailored to school progression plans and staff requirements. Packages can include promoting a language friendly classroom, understanding speech, language and communication development and the impact on learning, developing strategies to support pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties in the school environment (including effective language use).Please contact me to discuss your training needs.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer. Payment is required at each appointment.
This fee structure will remain fixed until at least August 2021.